Evacuation Chair Training
This is a practical course designed to teach key employees how to use the Evac Chair safely so that they can evacuate people who need assistance or cannot evacuate themselves.
To give participants the skills to operate the Evacuation Chair confidently and competently.
The course includes:
- Understanding fire safety
- How Fire Travels
- Evacuation Procedures
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Planning (PEEPS)
- Manual Handling – principals of safe lifting in and out of the chair, as well as handling the chair.
- Chair Assembly
- Putting the chair user at ease
- Moving & Transfer of Evacuee from office, corridor, or landing to stairs
- Descending the stairs
- Practical use of the chair under various scenarios
- Moving to the assembly point
Only staff who are currently NOT suffering from any underlying health conditions or suffering from pain, strains, post surgery/pregnancy or who are pregnant should attend this training.
Suitable attire is slightly loose fitting clothing, no dresses/skirts due to the position to be assumed descending the stairs and also flat shoes/no high heels .