Content and Interaction for Teaching and Learning
Aim of Module
The module aims to provide a conceptual awareness of the impact of educational interfaces while focusing on the role of visual design, adopting a language-sensitive approach to the development of content online and considering new forms of assessment.
Module learning outcomes
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the conceptual decisions defining the development of educational interfaces by implementing associated strategies and tools.
- Implement up-to-date principles of user experience design and information design through visuals and text.
- Construct an electronic self/peer review assessment (by choosing appropriate criteria to develop a rubric, and using an appropriate LMS activity).
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the online environment as an in-between space where language plays a central role in digital education.
- Identify the principles underpinning ‘literacy as social practice’ for the application to the design of teaching and learning strategies in a blended learning environment.
Mode of Assessment
100% Continuous Assessment
Dates for Semester 2
Saturday 19 February 2022, 9:30–12:30
Wednesday 10 March 2022, 6–9pm
Saturday 26 March 2022, 9:30–12:30
Wednesday 6 April 2022, 6–9pm
Dr Zeta Dooley
This module is part of the following programmes:
- Certificate in Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL)
- MEd in Teaching and Learning
Please note that when you sign up, you will be contacted to accept your place.