Aim of Module
This module aims to provide participants with learning opportunities to develop a wide range of interactive and creative teaching and learning methods appropriate for small and large group learning within the classroom. It will also examine the theory and practice of transferring learning to apply beyond the classroom to a range of new contexts.
Module learning outcomes
On successful completion of this module, a student will be able to:
- Create learning activities utilising ICT to meet the specific needs of learning groups in HE and FE.
- Reflect critically on learners’ backgrounds, identities and experiences to create differentiated learning strategies.
- Perform self and peer evaluations of micro teaching within subject specific communities of practice.
- Identify and evaluate differentiated responses to monitor and promote high quality student learning.
- Create strategies to enable learners to transfer learning out of the classroom in to new situations.
- Devise arts based tools to evaluate the alignment between espoused theory and theory in action.
Mode of Assessment
100% Continuous Assessment
Dates for Semester 2
Saturday 5 February 2022, 9:30am–12:30pm
Saturday 26 February 2022, 9:30am–12:30pm
Saturday 12 March 2022, 9:30am–12:30pm
Wednesday 23 March 2022, 6–9pm
Dr Judith Breen
This module is part of the following programmes:
- Certificate in Technology-Enhanced Learning.
- MEd in Teaching and Learning.
Please note that when you sign up, you will be contacted to accept your place.